Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday is as Thursday does. And this Thursday is sleepy.

Woah. How did I get so tired? ...it could be because of the jackhammers that start at 7am every morning. Or it could be because the son of my host family came home really late the other night to visit (he doesn't live here) and then when he got up extremement early to leave, he had a conversation in the hallway RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR at ABOVE NORMAL volume level. Or it could be because I have been staying up much later than I should be because I get excited whenever the internet works for longer than five minutes without reseting it. Or it could be because I've been drinking way more espresso than I have ever drunk in my life, and the downside is that I have some serious crashes. Or it could be because I went to happy hour today at a bar that didn't actually have "happy hour" slash he just wanted to overcharge us...I think he slipped something in my drink.

Drat, not to mention I think I may have shrunk my blouse in the stupid French washer. MAN French appliances SUCK BALLS. That includes French computers with their French keyboards, that have French keys, but are really programmed to type like American keyboards, so you have to rely on memory to type - sucks for people who normally have to hunt-and-peck.

Also, if I EVER have to have a class on the differences between 'tout' and 'tous' again, I may just walk out, or risk suffering uncontrollable stomach spasms/vomitting. And the worst thing was that we all knew we were supposed to have our "final exam" today for our one class we've had these past two weeks. So of course, I was chomping at the bit to just take the damn thing and get it over with. If anything, I was more confused about tout & tous after she 'taught' them to us than before. At least they were clear in my mind.

Oh well, my prof thinks I'm an idiot anyway because I always lose interest halfway through the two-hour class and start doodling. Today I drew a little man on a rock on an island with palm trees and sand and an ocean. He had on a straw hat with one piece hanging out of his mouth like those stereotypical pics of farmers. Yeah. It was a good day, what can I say. If I had a scanner, I'd post the pic here. But I don't. And don't get me started on French printers.

Btw, in case you hadn't noticed, I am posting because I am bored. Which means it is solely for my entertainment and not yours. Which means that this is a meaningless, boring post that will undoubtly be a waste of your time to read. HOWEVER it does provide another way to procrastinate...and I am counting on that to be reason enough to read this entry. Yes. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gloriously, procrastination works both ways. so many things i'm NOT getting done by reading your posts.

also, espresso is bad for you!